Treaty Trader — Substantial Trade between France and the U.S.
Treaty Investor — Investment in a U.S. company / subsidiary
- At least 50% of the company must be owned by nationals of the treaty country (such as France)
- The applicant must be a national of the majority shareholder’s treaty country
- The applicant can either be a entrepreneur/investor, an executive, a manager, or a highly skilled employee
A substantial trade based on:
- The number of shipments/transactions
- Its value in US $
- At least 50% of the trade must be between the US and the applicant treaty country
- The investment must be substantial (>$100K)
- ‘Active’ investment that must have a beneficial economic impact in the U.S. (i.e. creating jobs)
- The Company must be real and operational
Period of stay
Granted for 5 years, renewable indefinitely in five-year increments.
The spouse of an E visa holder is eligible for work authorization